The Fine Woodworking reader: action-takers and influencers
- Reliable - "I can count on this information because I know it's shop-tested." - In Fine Woodworking, it starts with the passion for the craft: beautiful photos that inspire readers to create their own furniture and all the expert advice they need to make it happen.
- Comprehensive - "I have everything I need to tackle that project — and be proud of the results." Fine Woodworking's thorough, in-depth content gives readers the confidence to know that one source — and one source only — will provide everything they need to complete the project successfully.
- Authoritative - "I know the very best experts — in each area of woodworking — are meticulously selected as contributors to Fine Woodworking." Fine Woodworking is dedicated to finding the most knowledgeable, experienced specialists in every facet of woodworking to share their experience.
Source: 2010 Harvey Reader Survey
Meet the Fine Woodworking reader — an extremely knowledgeable and hands-on woodworking enthusiast who seeks out the latest product information and industry trends, constantly strives to improve his skills and is eager to offer insightful advice to colleagues and friends and/or mentor fellow woodworkers.
Fine Woodworking reader profile: active enthusiasts, affluent, brand-loyal spenders
- Smart, affluent men — with an average HHI of $121K and with 65% holding a college degree, Fine Woodworking readers have the means and mindset to spend on quality
- The ultimate in reader involvement — readers spend 2.3 hours on average with each issue (300% more than readers of other woodworking titles)
- Proud shop owners — 95% own their own shop, making them key prospects for a wide range of woodworking tools and materials
- Passionate enthusiasts — they spend 11 hours per week in their workshop, completing an average of 9.6 projects a year
- Willing to pay more for their favorite resource — our subscribers pay the highest annual subscription price in the category ($34.95)
Source: 2010 Harvey Readership Survey & publication media kits
Audience Purchasing Power
- #1 purchasing power: $7,024 average/$1.4 billion year on tools & materials
- 8.3 projects a year
- Spend an average of 11 hours a week in their workshops